Why Did Rhonda Aikman Buy A Home In Preston Hollow? Second Home, Perhaps?

Share News:

Seems that on 11/5/2010, Rhonda Aikman, wife of our very own Troy Aikman, bought a nice Mediterranean home on Mimosa Lane in Dallas for about $1.6. The home has five bedrooms, five and a half baths (corrected, thanks!),  graceful arches and textures of stone and stucco. There’s a California courtyard, Cantura wrought iron doors, stone floored entry with a swooping stairway. This is a new home, built in 2005, with 5207 square feet and in fact, I’ve been in this home. It is luscious.  Open living-kitchen area with high ceilings overlooks pool area. Paneled study with see through fireplace. Master suite down. Hand scraped floors, media room, exercise room, steam room, game room.

OK, I have a theory: she is going to lease it out for the Super Bowl. Or maybe its a second home. Hey, I’m the first to admit marriage is complicated. Maybe Rhonda just wants a place to get away from it all down there on Highland Drive? Oh, also no mention made of this purchase in a recent (and really great) article on her hubby in D Magazine, which notes that the Aikmans have been married for ten years.

Reader Interactions

Comments

• Bill says

Are you kidding? That neighborhood has always been known as Preston Hollow!! Since 1945 when Preston Hollow was absorbed into Dallas and those homes were built. From that house you could drive a golf ball and hit Preston Hollow Elementary School.

Preston Hollow Elementary, Preston Hollow Presbyterian Church, Preston Hollow Park are all a stones throw away.

Everyone has always called it Preston Hollow. In terms of place names growing up as a kid, we knew HP south of Mockingbird, UP north of Mockingbird and PH north of Northwest Highway up to about Forest. When I was growing up, Dealey and Kramer were mothballed/closed due to lack of kids.

• Bill says

1. stanley stevens says

i keep hearing D I V O R C E…

i mean really, highland drive to this cracker box track house. is this the best she can do with her prenup?

sadsadsadsadsadsadsad

• Brad says

5.5 baths, not 2!

Public Facts for 6517 Mimosa Ln
      Beds: 5
      Baths: 5.5
      Finished Sqft: 5,207
      Unfinished Sqft: –
      Total Sqft: 5,207
      Floors: 2
      Asking price $1,650,000

2. stanley stevens says

i keep hearing D I V O R C E…

sadsadsadsadsadsadsad

• Brad says

5.5 baths, not 2!

Public Facts for 6517 Mimosa Ln
      Beds: 5
      Baths: 5.5
      Finished Sqft: 5,207
      Unfinished Sqft: –
      Total Sqft: 5,207
      Floors: 2
      Asking price $1,650,000

3. J.D. says

Technically speaking I don't think Candy scooped anyone, she was the only one with the story, period. Once she posted this to alert them, FrontBurner then had no choice but to mention something so that D's vanity piece, which obviously didn't dig very deep back when it easily could have, didn't look as glaringly like a convoluted way to put Troy on the cover to goose sales without having to pay a celebrity modeling fee. As usual, Candy's the firstest with the mostest while others are content to snooze.

4. J.D. says

5. fly on the wall says

Well Candy the word on the in hp is splits ville…I agree with Stanley…this is a cracker box… get to work Candy…tell us more…why the Divorce?

6. fly on the wall says

7. Candy Evans says

Hey, thanks for all the support. I just got caught up with the comments. I sincerely hope this is not the Big D for Troy and Rhonda, but if it is, the best of luck to them and their children and may each fina happiness and fulfillment. There but for the Grace of God go I…. we never know what in life awaits us around the corner. God, I just got an email about a new TV show that is looking for couples to have sex every day for five days straight — marriage is tough!

8. Candy Evans says

9. Preston Hollow Agent says

Interesting that this is on the same street where Mike Modano has a home. And she could have made an offer on Wade Phillips' house just a few blocks north.

10. Preston Hollow Agent says

11. Lisa says

Maybe she just likes this house? Maybe she doesn't NEED a 10mil+ home to be happy. It looks like a gorgeous home. I wish her and Troy well. Divorce is tough.

12. Lisa says