Richard and Nona Barrett Building Mega Mega Mega Manse in Preston Hollow

Share News:

According to my good friend John Burgdorf at NorthTexasLuxury.com, this mammoth beast is under construction at 9807 Meadowbrook Drive in Old Preston Hollow. (As I told John, PH, not Park Cities. But when you live outside of Dallas, all our “communities” meld together.) Funny thing, I was at a party right next door to this spread this weekend and did not see it — it is on a huge lot, 4.3 acres, and well-hidden. The Barretts are nearby in a 61 year old, 7000 plus square foot home on Chatham Hill Road. Under construction a whopping 26,063 sq. feet of total living space.  The 2 1/2 story home includes 5 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, and 8 fireplaces.  The estate is owned by renowned art collectors Richard and Nona Barrett, who we guess will line all 26,000 square feet with wonderful art.  The appraisal value for this year is $10,959,520.  The Barretts are already paying $62,000 for the priviledge of living on Chatham Hill Road. And that, my dear readers, is just a drop in the bucket…

Reader Interactions

Comments

1. Alex Roostaei says

I believe this property was originally used by the CEO of Centex Homes to build his personal house, it sold back in 2006 if I remember correctly.

• cindy newhouse says

Does anyone know who the builder and architect is for the Barrett Residence?

2. Alex Roostaei says

• cindy newhouse says

Does anyone know who the builder and architect is for the Barrett Residence?

3. Alex Roostaei says

I believe this property was originally used by the CEO of Centex Homes to build his personal house, it sold back in 2006 by Della Lively.

4. Alex Roostaei says

5. maloree says

WOW! That's big even for Dallas! Maybe they will come to Banks Fine Art and buy some more art!!! Can you ask them for me?
    Who;s the designer and builder?

6. maloree says

Who;s the designer and builder?

7. Alex says

I believe this property was originally used by the CEO of Centex Homes to build his personal house, it sold back in 2006 if I remember correctly…listed by Della Lively (no surprise there)

8. Alex says

9. susan lowery says

I guess people are still building these ginormous houses because…they can? Didn't that Centex guy build a house on a double lot on Woodland Dr.? I believe I saw that house was for sale.

10. susan lowery says

11. Dallas.Design says

the house was designed by architect Robbie Fusch. the builder is Waterford Construction.

12. Dallas.Design says

13. Brad says

This home and massive property is great. He’s smart and has built and managed this location properly. I would say, it’s the best I have seen. He has preserved all in this small area. I was fortunate to see it and they have respect for land and the enviroment around it!