Did Real Estate Get John Wiley Price in Hot Water?

Share News:

WFAA-TV is reporting that John Wiley Price has doubled his real estate portfolio in the last 12 months. This is Price’s home in North Oak Cliff. According to some Dallas County records digging by Channel 8, Price has been buying up a lot of property in and around his North Oak Cliff home during the last year. His personal financial statements report no gifts, says WFAA, which means, I guess, how did he manage to buy $748,000 worth of property by his lonesome? I’ll say this: it’s a damn good time to buy real estate. Looking at DCAD, Price owns these seven properties: his home at 406 East 5th Avenue, valued by the county at $144,760. Then he owns some recently purchased commercial land at 715 (CLOSED 8/10/10), 621 (CLOSED 8/12/10) and 619 North Marselis (CLOSED 1/5/11), and another at 7001 Graby Niblo Road. Price also owns two homes on East 5th Ave. — 406 (where he lives) and a 2580 square foot number at 619 built in 1916. Curiously no transfer date is given or listed in DCAD. Also did not see that address in MLS. Private sale?

But I think I know what the FBI may be after: Price’s dolls

Reader Interactions

Comments

1. Steve says

Gosh, I hope you will not be called a racist for picturing the Price house.
    Gosh, maybe people will think I am a racist for just commenting.
    Can't wait for the indictment, trial, and conviction. Since it will likely be a federal prosecution I hope my Dallas County taxes will not increase for the trial costs !

• Jennifer says

Candy's not a racist for covering the story nor are people who dislike him or believe he's guilty.

But wishing hes "someones bitch" in jail sounds that way. IF he committed a federal crime, we should take enjoyment if he's raped/beatup, etc ? Now thats hate.

I can't stand Tom Delay, think hes a big crook & racist – but would never wish hes ganged up on by other men in jail.

2. Steve says

Gosh, I hope you will not be called a racist for picturing the Price house.
    Gosh, maybe people will think I am a racist for just commenting.

• Jennifer says

• Chris says

Oh, yes, just saw a newsclip shot in today's commisioner's court.
      JWP said "Of course I'm being targeted!"
      Hope his new roommate is a tatted skinhead

• Chris says

Oh, yes, just saw a newsclip shot in today's commisioner's court.
      JWP said "Of course I'm being targeted!"
      Hope his new roommate is a tatted skinhead

3. Scott M. says

All these properties and 9 autos including a Bentley all on $120,000/year. I want some of that Dallas County Commissioner action. "NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE!" That's a direct quote from JWP (remember?). Looking forward to him becoming someone's "bitch" in the Federal Penitentiary.

4. Scott M. says

5. New Catcher says

On Wednesday night the camp of Commissioner John Wiley Price fired back via internet radio show Center Stage. Vincent Hall, the assistant and a close friend to Price sat in the hot seat and answered the tough questions. Hall took questions for just under two hours about Price's cars, money and real estate dealings, and set the record straight. Take a listen to this must hear pod cast.

6. New Catcher says