A crowd of about 70 journalists, bloggers, Boot Ranch members and guests participated in the first Boot Ranch Wine Workshop and Tours April 22 and 23. Hosted in the Texas Hill Country’s finest private golf and family community nestled on more than 2,000 picturesque rolling acres, the wine was flowing and the pool was warm. The master-planned retreat is just five miles north of the quaint, historic town of Fredericksburg and offers a variety of living options. The clubhouse features expansive vistas, a spa, bar, casual and fine dining. What more could you possibly need?
Oh yeah, and wine!
On the first day, participants toured and enjoyed tastings at Hilmy Cellars, William & Chris Vineyards and Garrison Brothers Distillery. This was followed by a fabulous four-course Winemaker Dinner at Boot Ranch featuring Becker Vineyards.
On the second day, guests enjoyed breakfast and two panel discussions featuring:
- Tapping into the Texas Wine Industry: Trends and Predictions
- Uncorking Sources of Information: Content is King
This was followed by a tour of Boot Ranch and tastings at Inwood Estates Vineyards, Grape Creek Vineyards and Becker Vineyards. The two-day event concluded with another amazing four-course Winemaker Dinner at Boot Ranch featuring Messina Hof.
- “My favorite course was the lamb rack with fiddlehead ferns paired with the splendid Messina Hof Paulo ‘11.”
- “We really enjoyed the tangerine panna cotta, pistachio brittle and apricot jam paired with the Becker Clementine Late Harvest Viognier.”
- “The par four 10th hole is by far one of the prettiest on any golf course in Texas.”
- “We had a wonderful time surrounded by fabulous people in beautiful surroundings. We look forward to more Boot Ranch activities and eventually moving to the area upon my retirement.”
Featuring a PGA champion Hal Sutton-designed golf course, Boot Ranch has been ranked among the Top 10 in Texas seven times by The Dallas Morning News and by Golf Digest for 2015/2016. Members and guests can enjoy trap and skeet shooting, fishing, hiking and mountain-bike trails, weddings and special events. Enchanted Rock State Nature Area is nearby, along with shopping, dining, wine vineyard tours, cultural events, and music, food and art festivals.
Us? We certainly can’t wait until the next grape escape to Boot Ranch for a whirlwind wine weekend!