Through Oct. 12, 2018, buyers dreaming of lake life have an extremely rare opportunity to purchase their own private lake, a little more than one hour north of Dallas. With spectacular fishing, hunting, and sporting possibilities, this private lake offering, clocks in at nearly 1,100 surface acres within Valley Lake Ranch, and it could be yours to the tune of $24.5 million.
“Set amongst scenic rolling terrain just miles south of the Red River, Valley Lake Ranch is a spectacular, natural oasis, with endless outdoor recreation possibilities, and many excellent build sites. A property like this rarely comes on the market,” said Cash McWhorter, Broker/Partner, Hortenstine Ranch Company. “That it is located so close to Dallas, with easy access by road, nearby airports, or even its own private landing strip, makes Valley Ranch Lake an even rarer property, whether somebody wants to use it as their own personal sanctuary, create a unique, private club or consider other development possibilities.”
Key Valley Lake Ranch Features
- A completely enveloped lake with private entrance points on each side of the lake
- Heavily wooded oak and elm forests with notable elevation changes
- Consistent lake level and amazing water clarity with depths to 38+/- feet
- Outstanding fishing including largemouth bass, crappie, drum and catfish
- Excellent watersport potential, including water- and jet skiing, sailing, scuba diving, and kayaking
- Native pastureland desirable for cattle grazing
- Abundant wildlife including whitetail deer, feral hogs, bald eagles, dove, Rio Grande turkeys, bobcats, coyotes and abundant waterfowl
- A 2,771-foot landing strip that could be restored for operational use.
Valley Lake Ranch History
The 2,770-foot Valley Dam, which forms Valley Lake, was authorized by the State of Texas in 1959. Construction was completed in 1961 to provide a cooling water reservoir for the operation of the Valley Power Plant, which has since been decommissioned and demolished. The property is currently owned by Luminant.
Hortenstine Ranch Company, a Dallas-based land and ranch broker, is accepting offers for Valley Lake Ranch through October 12.